Supporting clients in the strategic management of environmental, social and governance risks
We provide data, risk indicators, expertise and solutions to support our clients’ decision-making process in identifying and managing ESG risks. We assist investors in assessing the actual impact of green financial instruments by acting as External Verifier against the most widely used standards in the market. We support our clients in the preparation of non-financial reporting. Our services include:
ESG Analytics & Tools
- Climate Risk Indicators (AWARE©) is a synthetic indicator of risk from climate change that assesses the “physical risk”, i.e. the risk of losses caused by climate events, including extreme weather events and related hydrogeological incidents. AWARE has a set of sub-indicators by event type (intense and frequent rainfall, floods, temperature increase, fires, landslides) and is available for the whole Italian territory and for single administrative units (municipalities, provinces, regions).
- EU Taxonomy Data Tape © – the Taxonomy Data Tape is a tool developed by SustainAdvisory for assessing the alignment of companies and/or equity and bond instruments with the criteria of the European Taxonomy for defining environmentally sustainable economic activities.
Green Bonds Verification
- External Verification of debt securities issued under the Climate Bond Initiative framework for which SustainAdvisory is an institution accredited as an Approved External Verifier.
- Second Party Opinion: external review on debt securities intended to finance ‘green’, ‘social’ or ‘sustainable’ projects within the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) principles framework.
Non Financial Disclosure
We advise our clients on non-financial reporting and disclosure and help them to comply with their legal obligations, including by reference to industry standards and benchmarks, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (“GRI”).
ESG Rating and Debt Advisory
We support our clients in:
- Obtaining or improving the ESG rating of the issuer or the financial instrument issued by the company.
- The integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) risk and opportunity assessment criteria.
- Debt capacity assessment, sensitivity analysis, recovery analysis, rating simulation, search for alternative financial sources (bonds, minibonds, green bonds).